These corn fritters are suitable for breakfast, a snack, or as an entree dish. Add the tang of a sweet chilli sauce.
- 300g Huon Cold Smoked salmon
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- ¼ cup Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Extra chives to garnish
- Sift flour, soda, salt and spices into a bowl. Gradually whisk in milk and egg yolks until batter is smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add corn, chives, 150g chopped smoked salmon, stir to combine; fold in egg whites.
- Stir 2 tbsp of the batter for each fritter into heated oiled large frying pan; spread batter into round shape. Cook fritters about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Repeat step 3 to make remaining fritters. Serve topped with remaining smoked salmon slices, crème fraiche , then drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serves: makes 18
Prep time: 20min • Cook time: 20min