An old-school favourite with a Greek Yoghurt twist, thanks to Jalna!
Scones just like nana used to make them. Perfect for work or school lunches.
2 cups (300g) plain flour
2 teaspoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (250g) Jalna Sweet & Creamy Greek Yoghurt + extra to serve
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a rimmed baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the yoghurt and half the milk and stir with a wooden spoon until dough just comes together.
3. Transfer to a lightly floured bench. Add enough of remaining milk just until a dough forms. Knead a few times, until dough is smooth (it will be fairly sticky).
4. Lightly flour a work surface and using a floured rolling pin roll the dough out to 25mm thick. Cut with a floured 10cm wide scone cutter or drinking glass and place on the baking tray.
5. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt and jam, honey or berry compote.
Tip: Add sultanas, cranberries, mixed pepita and sunflower seeds.
For a savoury scone, omit the sugar and add fresh or dried herbs, like oregano, thyme, dill.
Prep time: 10min • Cook time: 15min