Australia’s favourite pastry chef and chocolatier Kirsten Tibballs exclusively provided us with her chocolate éclairs recipe!
Kirsten Tibballs is set to dazzle thousands of hospitality leaders at this year’s Fine Food Queensland trade show – 13-15 April.
Are you a fan of Kirsten’s chocolate éclairs recipe? Share on Facebook!
- 160g Full Cream Milk
- 160g Water
- 5g Salt
- 5g Caster Sugar
- 120g Callebaut Mycryo Cocoa Butter
- 180g Plain Flour
- 300g Whole Eggs
Milk chocolate Honey Creamer
- 222g Bulla Thickened Cream 35% fat
- 55g Egg Yolks
- 20g Honey
- 100g Callebaut Milk Couverture Chocolate
- 80g Callebaut Grenade Dark Couverture 60%
- 2g Gold Leaf Gelatine
- 180g Caster Sugar
- 185g Bulla Thickened Cream 35% fat
- 2g Maldon Sea Salt
- 50g Honey
- 50g Liquid Glucose
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 200g Callebaut Milk Couverture 823
- 240g Bulla Thickened Cream 35% fat
- 50g Water
- 360g Caster Sugar
- 100g Callebaut Dutch cocoa powder 22-24%
- 20g Callebaut Grenade 60% couverture
- 12g Gelatine
- 110g Neutral glaze
- Make the choux pastry mix and pipe in 100mm lengths and bake.
Milk Chocolate Honey Creamer
- In a medium saucepan bring the cream to a boil.
- In a large bowl mix the egg yolks and honey together with a whisk.
- Pour the boiled cream over the egg yolk and honey mixture.
- Place it back on the stove and while stirring continuously re-heat the mixture to 80°C to produce an anglaise.
- Add the pre-soaked gelatine and mix.
- Strain the anglaise over the two chocolates and whisk until all the chocolate is melted.
- Heat pan then dry caramelize the sugar then remove from heat add boiled cream and salt.
- Then add honey, glucose and cut and scraped vanilla cool to 80°c then pour over couverture.
- Boil cream, sugar and water and then add the cocoa powder and star fix.
- Boil again then remove from the heat and add pre-soaked gelatine then strain over the couverture.
- Whisk until all the couverture is combined then use the glaze when it reaches 28ºc.
- Chocolate mushrooms and forest floor nut garnishes.