Fruit kebabs are a family-friendly recipe this Australia Day – to be enjoyed by the kids as well as the grandparents.
Fruit kebabs also make most of local, Australian produce, including strawberries, pineapple, mango and banana. Recipe credit to Capilano.
1 x 250 gram punnet strawberries
250 grams watermelon cubed
1/4 pineapple cubed
1-2 Australian mango cubed
2 bananas sliced thickly
1 1/2 tablespoons Capilano honey
Juice of 1/2 ripe lemon
5 tablespoons low fat Greek or plain yoghurt
5 tablespoons crème fraiche
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped mint (plus extra to garnish)
Makes: 12-18 kebabs
1. Cut all fruit to same size and thread onto skewers alternating colours. Place on a serving platter.
2. Whisk all dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl using a spoon until combined.
3. Pour sauce into a bowl for dipping, or pour over kebabs and garnish with mint.
• The dipping sauce can be used for any fresh fruit and works well mixed into a fruit salad before serving.
• Kebabs can be made seasonal with the above fruits for spring and summer, stone fruits in autumn and citrus fruits in winter.
• The crème fraiche can be omitted and the quantity of yoghurt doubled. The result will not be as rich and creamy.
Prep time: 10min