Ray Nalder of Brisbane Bulk Meats shares a great beef brisket recipe…
We are moving to the beef capital state of Texas.
Beef is big in Texas and brisket is the number one cut of meat for the BBQ.
Beef brisket is one of the toughest meats around, but when cooked for the right amount of time it becomes beautifully tender.
Remember when it comes to selecting meat, talk to your local butcher.
He will have loads of advice on how to get the best out of every cut.
Give this a go, your family will love it!
- 2kg boneless beef brisket
- 1 bottle of chili sauce
- 1 can of cola (Coca Cola or any brand)
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 60g goat feta cheese, cubed
- 8 x cherry tomatoes, halved
- With the lid down, preheat the BBQ to around 150c.
- Combine chili sauce, cola and soup mix.
- Place the brisket on a foil lined baking tray.
- Pour the sauce mix over the brisket and cover with another sheet of foil, sealing the edges.
- With the BBQ lid down, bake for four hours or until tender. Of course this can be done in the oven as well.
- Carve the brisket against the grain and serve with remaining juices as a sauce.