Richard Ousby, head chef from Stokehouse shares his recipe for crudo (Italian for ‘raw’) of fresh kingfish, pickled chilli and citrus dressing.
Are you a fan of this crudo recipe? Share with your friends on Facebook!
- 300g of kingfish or whatever your favourite fish is (try to look for a more sustainable variety - there are many options available, ask your fishmonger)
- 3 pickled Guindillas chillies (*but another, medium-hot pickled chilli can be used)
- ½ bunch chopped coriander
- 4 mild green chillies
- ¼ of a pomelo cut into segments (grapefruit can be substituted but is a lot more bitter and tart)
- ½ an orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 lime peeled and cut into segments
- Juice of 1 lime
- 150ml olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 clove fresh garlic crushed
- Finely slice all the chillies. Cut all the citrus segments into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in the fridge (the mix will keep for a couple of days but is best after about one hour).
- Slice the kingfish into small pieces and arrange on your serving place.
- Lightly season with salt. Spoon on the dressing and serve.