Serve this cornmeal cake with a warm meal on a winter’s night…
Are you a fan of this cornmeal cake? Share the recipe on Facebook!
For further information on CHIP Health, visit their website.
- 2 cups rice milk fortified with calcium/B12
- 1 cup whole grain polenta
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup raisins/sultanas
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Bring rice milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stirring constantly with whisk, add cornmeal gradually in a thin stream. Reduce heat to medium, and whisk for 5 minutes or until very thick/
2. Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
3. Press into a 9-inch/23-centimeter round cake tin and smooth top.
4. Cool in the fridge until chilled through.
5. Garnish with chopped nuts, lemon zest and mixed spice, and serve chilled.
Prep time: 20min • Cook time: 10min