Polish off your Christmas menu with this divine Christmas trifle – filled with berries, custard and brandy.
Christmas Trifle: Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries heaped with jelly, custard and brandy – a sweet ending to any meal this season. Thanks to ALDI!
2 pkts Brookdale Strawberry flavoured Jumpin Jelly crystals
450g The Cake Stall Madeira Cake, sliced
250g fresh strawberries, sliced
125g fresh raspberries
125g fresh blueberries
1kg Brooklea Vanilla Custard
50g Choceur White Chocolate, grated
1/3 cup White Mill Flaked Almonds
1/4 cup Baroque Brandy
300ml Farmdale Thickened Cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Combine brandy and madeira cake in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
3. Make up jelly crystals according to on-pack instructions, and place mixture in a 13 cup capacity serving bowl. Cover with cling wrap, then place in fridge for 2 hours or until just beginning to set.
4. Stir half of the berry mix through the jelly. Cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate until set.
5. Place sliced madeira cake over jelly. Pour over custard.
6. Beat cream and vanilla together until thick, then spoon on top of custard.
7. Garnish with the rest of the berry mix,almonds and grated chocolate.
Prep time: 20min • Cook time: 120min