Persimmon season has arrived, and to celebrate, Poh Ling Yeow from Masterchef has provided bmag with this tasty recipe for ginger cookies!
Makes approx. 35 cookies.
Are you a fan of this recipe for ginger cookies? Share with your friends on Facebook!
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp ground ginger, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, sifted
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves, sifted
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, sifted
- 2 heaped Tbs of chopped crystallised ginger
- 1 cup raisins or dried currants
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 ripe persimmons, peeled and pureed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 170ºC fan forced.
- With an electric cake mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt until pale and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Add persimmon puree and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add raisins or currants and nuts, and mix until combined.
- Drop teaspoons full of the batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.