To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Australia macadamias, enjoy this delicious macadamia salad…
Are you a fan of this macadamia salad recipe? Share with your friends on Facebook!
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 2 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthways 1cm thick
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, sliced lengthways 1cm thick
- 100g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup macadamias, roasted and roughly chopped
- macadamia oil for brushing
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- To make the Mediterranean salad, put capsicums on a chargrill and cook all over until blackened.
- Remove from heat and place into a bowl and cover with cling wrap to steam the skin while cooling.
- Heat the chargrill to a high heat. Brush each vegetable piece with macadamia oil, then season with salt and pepper. Cook the eggplant and zucchini on the chargrill on both sides until golden and softened. Remove from the heat and place into a bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk the macadamia oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt until combined, season with pepper.
- Peel the skin off capsicums, remove the seeds and cut into thick strips. Combine all the vegetables, feta, parsley and macadamias and toss with the vinaigrette just before serving.