Richard Ousby shares his recipe for char-grilled Wagyu oyster blade steak with broccoli, onions and green chermoula.
Are you a fan of this char-grilled Wagyu recipe? Share on Facebook!
- 800g of Wagyu oyster blade - or other
- BBQ cuts will work well
- 1 head of broccoli
- 250g small onions
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
Green chermoula dressing:
- 1 tbls anchovy fillets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbls capers
- 1 tbls lemon zest
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ cup coriander
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small frying pan toast the spices then remove from the pan and cool.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until a chunky consistency is achieved.
- Store in an airtight container until required.
- Put the small onions onto your BBQ or grill and turn on. If you're using charcoal let the flames die down before starting the onions, placing then around the edge so as not to burn them.
- Grill the steak on both sides and rest in a warm place for about five to 10 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces then rub with olive oil. Grill until lightly charred.
- Peel the cooked onions and toss in a bowl with the broccoli, a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Warm the steak for a couple of seconds either side then dress with vhermoula and place on a plate with the onions and broccoli.
- Serve and enjoy with a nice Aussie Shiraz.