To celebrate Australia’s Healthy Weight Week (17-23 Feb), the Dietitians Association of Australia have released this exquisite stir fry recipe!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ brown onion, sliced thinly
- ½ long red chilli, finely diced
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass
- 2 cups snow peas
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked, stems finely sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400g beef sirloin, porterhouse or fillet, cut into thin strips
- 3-4 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add oil then garlic, chilli, lemongrass and coriander stems. Reserve coriander leaves for serving. Stir in ¾ of the peanuts and turmeric. Once fragrant and starting to change colour (1-2 minutes) add beef and onion. Cook until beef turns brown, then add capsicum, green beans and snow peas.
2. Give the wok a good toss around, then stir in the fish sauce, brown sugar and coconut milk. Continue cooking until the beef is cooked and the vegetables soften slightly.
3. Serve the stir fry in the middle of the table with steamed rice, topped with the coriander leaves and remaining peanuts.