Already planning tonight’s dinner? Feel inspired by this delicious, healthy taco recipe from the DAA
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, flesh scooped out and diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely on an angle
- Juice of a lime
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cobs corn, kernels sliced off
- 8 wholemeal tortillas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 long red chillis, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, finely sliced
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- First, make the beef chilli. Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef mince and allow it to brown without stirring too often. Once beef has browned, add the chilli, onion, capsicum and garlic.
- Stir until onion becomes translucent. Stir in paprika and tomatoes. Cook for 10–15 minutes or until sauce has thickened and slightly darkened in colour.
- Combine cucumber, avocado, spring onions, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside to serve.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat with the canola oil. Add mushrooms and cook, turning only once or twice, until golden on both sides. Add corn kernels, stir and cook for a further minute before removing from heat.
- Spoon some of the beef chilli over the tortillas, top with mushroom and corn mixture, avocado salsa and coriander leaves. Serve immediately.