Ben O’Donoghue’s chocolate pudding recipe – the perfect dessert to plan in your Easter feast!
Are you a fan of Ben’s chocolate pudding recipe? Share on Facebook!
- 250gm butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2tblsp milk
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100gm soft butter
- 100ml of Baileys
- 1/2 cups of caster sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 100gm 54% coco chocolate
- 2 cup of hot water
- 2 tbsp of corn flour
- Grease the ceramic casserole dish with 50gms of butter
- Make the sponge base by creaming the butter and sugar, add the vanilla seeds, orange zest and combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Sift the coco powder, flour, baking powder and salt together and add combining well. Finally add the milk.
- Fill a greased pudding mould with the batter.
- Combine the sugar drinking chocolate and corn flour and sprinkle over the pudding.
- Combine the juice, baileys, zest of the orange and chocolate with 1 cup of boiling water, whisk to melt the chocolate and gently pour over the batter.
- Bake the pudding at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden and when skewered it comes out clean.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and double crème or vanilla ice cream