A risotto for breakfast? A amazing and slightly alternative breakfast dish perfect to serve to guests or just make for a special treat.
Bacon, mushroom and scrambled eggs cooked to perfection in a risotto sounds like something dreams are made of. There is nothing better than a hot breakfast to make you feel ready to take on the day. Thanks to Gary Johnson for supplying us with yet another breakfast dish.
2 Tbs olive oil
1 brown onion, peeled, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
1 cup arborio rice
3 cups chicken stock
1 tblspn cream
2 fresh eggs
2 tblspns milk
1 tblspn grated parmesan
8-10 button mushrooms sliced
Freshly cracked black pepper and salt, to serve
1. In a non stick pan heat the oil and fry mushrooms and bacon until coloured. Set aside
2. Then in the same pan, heat the oil and fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes then Stir in the rice, making sure it is well coated with the oil mixture. Cook uncovered for 3 minutes
3. Then add stock ½ a cup at a time until the rice is cooked.
4. Remove from heat add seasoning, cream and a sprinkle of the parmesam. Mix through.
5. In another pan cook the egg and milk mixture to scramble (you can also use poached or fried eggs).
6. Adjust the consistency of the risotto and spoon onto 4 plates.
7. Make a small cup with the spoon to add the eggs.
8. Garnish with the mushrpooms, bacon and sprig of fresh parsley. Serve immediately.