Serve these classic Australian golden syrup dumplings while they’re hot, with a big dollop of icecream…
Are you a fan of this sweet dumpling recipe? Share with your friends on Facebook!
¾ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup golden syrup
1 ½ cup self raising flour
¾ cup milk
2 cups water
1. Combine water, brown sugar, ¼ cup golden syrup and half the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Stir over a low heat until melted.
3. Use your fingertips to rub in the remaining butter into the flour.
4. Combine milk and the remaining golden syrup.
5. Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
6. Bring the sauce to the boil then drop heaped dessert spoonfuls of the mixture into the sauce.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.