Brisbane DJ and producer Young Franco will headline a ‘Concert on the Green’ to celebrate the next phase of Westfield Chermside’s $355 million redevelopment.
Young Franco will play the tracks that have made him a favourite with Triple J listeners, including ‘Drop Your Love’, ‘Don’t U Want Me’ and ‘Miss You’, with a live light show under The Urchin, the light-filled dome that will serve as the centrepiece of the new dining precinct.
The full line-up of dining retailers that will open on the day includes:
- Brisbane’s first Betty’s Burgers
- Fiery Deli, the home of the Taco Burger
- Tapworks Bar & Grill, which will become the largest craft beer and grill on Brisbane’s northside
- Daniel Ridgeways’ first BiN 931 in Brisbane
- Motto Motto, the casual dining experience from the creators of Sono Restaurant
- Australia’s first 4Fingers Crispy Chicken, straight from Singapore
- Hermosa, Spanish tapas and cocktails from the creators of Olé
- Zeus Street Greek, Greek street food made with sustainable and local ingredients
- Kamikaze Teppanyaki, serving food from the Teppan as well as a la carte Japanese dishes
- Coco Bliss, serving an eclectic mix of raw whole-foods
- Kinn + Derm, modern Thai and contemporary Asian delicacies from the creators of Kinn Thai
- The Hub, a laneway dedicated to boutique businesses and unique start-ups
- Popular chains Pho Vietnamese, Hero Sushi, San Churro, Gelatissimo, Savour Patisserie, Le Bon Choix, Cafe 63, NYC Bagel Deli and Caffe Cherry Beans
If you want to burn off the calories immediately, TotalFusion will also be opening the doors to their first Australian studio, with over 150 yoga, Pilates and mixed fitness classes a week.
More venues will open in the months to come, including The Bavarian, Landmark Restaurant, Cibo Cibo, and American BBQ joint Bootlegger, from Sir Chapel founder Tom Chidiac.
If you can’t make it on opening day, there’ll be an array of offers and activities on over the launch weekend, including:
- Complimentary bubbles from the pop-up Chandon Bar
- Complimentary art workshops at Ironlak School of Art
- Boomerang painting workshops
- Free coffee at Archer Specialty Coffee (Saturday 24 June)
- Free pitas at Zeus Street Greek (Saturday 24 June)
- Kids entertainment with balloon twisters, face painters and magicians in the dining precinct
- A Despicable Me activity station at Event Cinemas
- Complimentary chocolate from the Westfield Chermside treat carts
- Limited edition ‘Strawberry & Chermside’ flavoured Gelatissimo ice cream
- An art exhibition by Dina Broadhurst
- Woolworths deli picks with sample pastries, cheese, cured meats, baked delights and fresh fruits
- Live entertainment, including acoustic artists, bands and DJs
Westfield Chermside’s new dining precinct will open on Thursday 22 June. Young Franco will perform from 6pm.