It’s no secret Australians love a good burger, and some of the best burgers can be found in Brisbane.
User review app Yelp has compiled a list of the top 50 best burger joints in Australia — and you’ll be pleased to know a couple of Brisbane favourites have made the list!
Get your bibs ready, here are the delicious results.
1. 8bit, Footscray, VIC.
With burgers like ‘The Zelda’ featuring a chickpea, corn and quinoa patty, American cheese, beetroot relish, grilled Haloumi, avocado, lettuce and 8 bit sauce – it’s no wonder they topped the list!
2. Jack Greene, Battery Point, TAS.
Jack Greene call these their mini burgers. If these are mini burgers, we can’t wait to see the normal sized ones!
3. Relish’d Burger Bar, Glenelg, SA.
4. Huxtaburger, Melbourne, VIC
5. Johnny’s Burger Joint, Canning Vale, WA.
This is Johnny’s Burger Joint’s ‘Nacho Business’ burger, featuring a beefy patty, American cheese, chorizo chipotle ranch sauce, pico de gallo and crunchy corn chips. It looks delicious!
6. Mary’s, Newtown, NSW
Check out Mary’s chicken burger with fried chook, leb pickles, Mary’s pickles and gochujang mayo. Drooling right now!
7. DA’Burger, Newfarm, QLD.
Da’Burger is the only Brisbane joint to make it in the top ten, and with burgers like this one it’s clear to see why. This is ‘The Cure’ featuring bacon, eggs and melted cheese combined with a beef pattie and homemade beetroot relish. It weighs half a kilo!
8. Bilby’s Chargrilled burgers, Claremont, WA.
9. Andrew’s Hamburgers, Albert Park, VIC.
10. Vego and Loven it, Adelaide, SA.
Look’s like a vegetarian’s dream!
11. Brodburger, Kingston, ACT
12. Bread And Bone Wood Grill, Adelaide, SA
13. The Rook, Sydney, NSW
14. Nordburger, Norwood, SA
15. Tree Of Us, Richmond, VIC
16. Grand Trailer Park Taverna, Melbourne, VIC
17. Miel Premium Homemade Burger, Brisbane, QLD
Miel Premium Homemade Burger is located at 96 Mary Street in Brisbane CBD.
18. The Tuckshop, Glenhaven, NSW
19. Trunk, Melbourne, VIC
20. Burger Project, Sydney, NSW
21. Tasman Quartermasters, Hobart, TAS
22. Ben’s Burgers, Fortitude Valley, QLD
Ben’s Burgers is located at 5 Winn Street in Fortitude Valley.
23. Mr Burger, Melbourne, VIC
24. Burgastronomy, North Adelaide, SA
25. Fancy Burger, Blackwood, SA
26. Five Points, North Sydney, NSW
27. Novembar’s Cafe & Takeaway, Dianella, WA
28. Preachers, Battery Point, TAS
29. The Hayberry, Crows Nest, NSW
30. Occy’s, Dunsborough, WA
31. Babu Bar Burger With Balls, Windsor, VIC
32. The Curious Squire, North Adelaide, SA
33. HuxtaBurger, Prahran, VIC
34. Pub Life Kitchen, Ultimo, NSW
35. Tramway Hotel, Fitzroy North, VIC
36. Dr Faustus, Surry Hills, NSW
37. Jus Burgers, Leederville, WA
38. Betty’s Burgers & Concrete Co, Noosa Heads, QLD
39. Badger Vs Hawk, Melbourne, VIC
40. Paul’s Famous Hamburgers of Sylvania, Sylvania, NSW
41. The Moon, Northbridge, WA
42. Burger Theory, Adelaide, SA
43. Varsity Burgers Northbridge, Northbridge, WA
44. Opera Kitchen, Sydney, NSW
45. BurgerBurger, Surrey Hills, VIC
46. Greaser, Fortitude Valley, QLD
Greaser is located at 259A Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley.
47. The Standard, Hobart, TAS
48. The B-east, Brunswick East, VIC
49. Burger Got Soul, Sandy Bay, TAS
50. The Royale Brothers, Brighton, VIC
What do you think? Are there any other Brisbane joints you think should be on the list?