It’s a battle of cuisines with a new weekly collaboration between Wandering Cooks and chef Ben Devlin.
The perfect spot for drinks and snacks after work, Wandering Cooks and snack sensai Ben Devlin have teamed up to create a light-hearted competition that is guaranteed to produce some tasty results.
Each Friday there will be a “battle” of sorts, with two chefs presenting their menus for the public to sample, and the winner of the comp moving on to the next week.
The Snackdown operates by attendees buying tokens which are exchanged for delicious snacks at the grill or in yum-cha style table service.
The premiere Snackdown is ‘Samurai vs Viking’, with two dueling menus of Japanese and Danish street food.
Japanese street food
- Yaki o-nigiri, shiitake & nori
- Takoyaki with squid & katsobushi
- Kakiage, shrimp, sesame & mayonnaise
- Yakitori skewers
- Nikuman, pork belly & cucumber
- Grilled oysters & ponzu
- Plum mocha
Danish street food
- Ristet hotdog, pickles, onion & remoulade
- Cured fish smorrebrød, rye bread, sour cream & radish
- Frikadeller, pickles, mustard & cabbage
- Pickled vegetable smorrebrød, smoked cheese & egg yolk
- Pork skin crackling, sour cream & watercress
- Strawberry æbleskiver, cardamom & cream
The first week will reflect the chef’s key inspirations, but the weekly format is an exciting opportunity to explore all sorts of fun themes, cultural events, and guest chefs in the future.
Wandering Cooks is located at 1 Fish Lane, West End. Friday Nite Snackdowns will be held each Friday starting March 6 from 4pm – 10pm. For more info, see our Event Guide listing.