In May 2015, more than 250 experts from the food, wine and lifestyle industries will be heading to Australia’s iconic foodie event, The Noosa International Food and Wine Festival (NIFW).
We all need food but there are some that love it. Some who even live for it. And for those foodies, the ones who have a passion for all things food-related, The Noosa International Food and Wine Festival is perfect for you.
Come and join in the celebrations of the hottest food and wine events which will be happening right on Noosa’s beautiful Main Beach. Immerse yourself in the hinterland food trails and join in the lively (some may even say heated) discussions with the nation’s top media and food critics debating current issues, on-trend topics and techniques.
Plus this year, foodies will have the opportunity of an early Festival program announcement and access to pre-release tickets before Christmas. Hurrah. How exciting. Tickets will be available from December 12, exclusively to the Festival’s loyalty group, the Chilli Club (which anyone can join, by the way), before tickets go on sale to the general public in January next year.
Festival Director, Jim Berardo points out that “in 2015 we’re focussing on new trends and spearheading some original new events, such as a Wild Food Dinner, new and exciting food trails, lifestyle discussions and putting the industry’s trending topics front and centre.”
Basically he is promising that next year’s line-up will be giving you more of what you want. “There will be more events on Noosa’s Main Beach, more beach parties and of course, more of the fun people know and love about the Festival.”
Berardo is orchestrating the perfect mix of the world’s leading chefs, forerunners of the food producing industry, Australia’s top wineries, award-winning Australian produce and hot live entertainment. The festival also spearheads the latest in food trends and interactive discussions with the country’s top media and restaurateurs so there will something interesting happening all the time.
Some highlights include:
- Internationally-renowned chefs David Thompson (Bangkok, Thailand), Ryan Clift (Singapore), Josh Emett (Auckland, New Zealand), Meena Thongkumpola (New York, USA) Ben Batterbury (Queenstown, New Zealand) and Andrew Evans (USA) will be in attendance to showcase their skills, answer questions and share their love of food.
- Australian chefs include Mark Best, Martin Boetz, Peter Conistis, Colin Fassnidge, Dan Hong, Mark Jensen, Andrew McConnell, Matt Moran, David Moyle, Steven Snow, Ryan Squires, Shane Watson, and Adriano Zumbo and many others.
- There will be a Wild Food Dinner on Noosa Main Beach with Clayton Donovan, Matt Golinski, David Moyle, Sean McConnell and the festival’s executive chef Timothy Montgomery which sounds spectacular and is totally on trend right now.
- A chance to get your feet in the sand at both the 1970s Beach Party BBQ & Clam Bake on Noosa Main Beach, on Saturday and Sunday nights.
- Join in on the new food trail called A Real Farm Experience & Lunch with the Walkers and it will take place in the hinterland. You will get to visit their working farm that have nomadic chickens and beef wandering, centred around their ethos of dedication, passion and commitment to the highest standards in animal welfare and quality produce. With chefs Marty Boetz, Cameron Matthews and Alex Herbert, this is sure to be a beautiful experience.
- You could book in for the new Seafood Trail to the Mooloolah River where you will get to visit the boats and meet the fisherman as they unload their catch and feast on their bounty, whilst learning about the latest in sustainable fishing practices. Joining you will be chefs Jiro Numata, Zeb Gilbert, David Pugh and Steven Snow.
- Make sure you meet some of Australia’s top wine authorities as they bring their expertise through fabulous master classes. Choose from classes with Bernadette O’Shea, Aaron Brasher, Tony Harper, Peter Forrestal, Ken Gargett, George Samios and Qantas epiQure.
For more information, visit our event guide.