The Gambaro family and staff took home a rare hat trick at the Queensland Restaurant and Catering Awards for Excellence last night.
After only 12 months in operation, Black Hide Steakhouse by Gambaro won the evening’s major prize, Restaurant of the Year — Brisbane/Darling Downs.
Black Hide Steakhouse also won the Steak Restaurant category, capping off a dream run for the Caxton St venue that received the Good Food Guide Chef Hat just two months ago.
Completing the trifecta, the Gambaro Seafood Restaurant — a Brisbane institution for over 60 years — was named the best Seafood Restaurant (Formal) in South East Queensland.
“These awards are a respected guide for food and wine enthusiasts who are searching for the best restaurants to enjoy,” said director John Gambaro. “The service standards of our personable team and providing the freshest quality produce are essential qualities for the success and long term standing of the Gambaro Seafood Restaurant.
“I was speechless when the most anticipated award of the night was finally announced. Amazing!”
Other Brisbane winners on the night included:
- Breakfast Restaurant — The Gunshop Cafe (West End)
- Cafe Restaurant — The Gunshop Cafe (West End)
- Coffee Shop / Tea House — Vagelis Cafe & Bar (Hamilton)
- Contemporary Australian Restaurant (Formal) — GOMA Restaurant (South Brisbane)
- European Restaurant — Reserve Restaurant (Milton)
- Fine Dining Restaurant — Restaurant Two (Brisbane)
- Indian / Sub-Continent Restaurant — Ceylon Inn (Graceville)
- New Restaurant — Lutece Bistro & Wine Bar (Bardon)
- Pizza Restaurant — Colle Rosso Ristorante Italiano (Red Hill)
- Restaurant in a Pub / Club / Tavern — Fix Restaurant (Port Office Hotel)
- Specialty Restaurant — Alegria Mediterranean Bistro & Bar (Milton)
- Function / Convention Centre Caterer — Customs House (Brisbane)
- Venue Caterer — Queensland Art Gallery – Gallery of Modern Art (South Brisbane)
- Wedding Caterer — Customs House (Brisbane)
- Social Media – Caterer — Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (South Brisbane)
- Caterer of the Year – South East Queensland — Customs House (Brisbane)
For the full list of winners and nominees across the state, visit restaurantcater.asn.au.