The people behind The Cutting Board, Firefly Bar and Cicada are bringing something new to the Riverside Centre Food Court in Brisbane’s Golden Triangle district.
HIVE Coffee & Eat House has opened this week, and despite being located in a food court, it’s certainly not serving up standard food court fare. Casual breakfast and lunch in the business end of the city just got a lot more interesting.
The breakfast menu covers your traditional favourites (bacon and egg roll, pastries, fresh fruits) and a few more interesting options (like a herb scrambled egg with kale, cheese and truffle oil wrap), but the lunch menu is probably what will set HIVE apart.
Because Brisbane is absolutely burger mad at the moment, HIVE has stepped up to the plate with three varieties, including what they’re billing as the ‘signature’ HIVE burger (featuring double angus beef patties, iceburg, jack cheese, pickles, mustard and tomato sauce).
What’s really grabbed our attention, though, is the Specialty Sandwich menu, because it fills something of a gap in the CBD market. All five are priced at $9:50:
- The Reuben — House corned beef, thousand island dressing, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, pickles and slaw.
- The Watson — Rare beef, basil pesto, tasty cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado and jalapenos.
- The Spaniard — Chorizo salami, mustard, tasty cheese, sauerkraut, red peppers, lettuce and tomato.
- The Pier — Smoked chicken, aioli, swiss cheese, smashed avocado, slaw, pickles and tomato.
- The Corporate — Free range ham, horse radish cream, tasty cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickles, avocado.
They’ll also make you an express sandwich from their range of salads, if those aren’t your thing.
Then there’s the Cuts from the Oven menu, which has been designed with quick turnaround lunches in mind — you can grab slow cooked beef brisket, lamb shoulder, schnitzels, meatballs and pastas on the run.
HIVE Coffee & Eat House overlooks the Brisbane River at 123 Eagle Street in the city. For more info, visit our dining guide.