There will be plenty to entertain the 10,000 visitors expected to attend the Real Food Festival on September 13 and 14 at Maleny Showgrounds.
With six dedicated venues and more than 100 stalls showcasing Sunshine Coast produce, this year’s Real Food Festival is sure to delight.
It’s the fourth year for the festival, which was created by director Julie Shelton, a Sunshine Coast local and former organic farmer. Along with other business owners and consumers, Julie identified a lack of awareness about the Sunshine Coast food community and local producers. The festival program certainly is set to challenge that perception yet again by giving visitors a chance to experience and taste authentic local food and connect with suppliers from right across the food chain.
“We are so excited about this year’s program as we are covering the food issues affecting everyone as well as offering some great inspiration for home cooks with all levels of ability,” says Julie. “We are also very proud of our children’s activities this year. We have a baby animal farm, face painting and a jumping castle.”
- Christine Manfield and Daniel Jarrett from Spicers Tamarind with Kym Burnell-Jones of Bonnie Beef Growers and Bede McKenzie, Maleny Avocado Oil dishing up beef teriyaki and avocado radish salad.
- Dan and Steph from Eat @ Dan & Steph’s explaining how to make sausages at home.
- Kirstie Henning from City Chicks talking about keeping backyard chooks.
- Chef Laurent Vancam with Jason Impson of Fishtales and Alison Murray-King from Nutrifruit Strawberries making a tuna nicoise salad, strawberries and fingerlimes.
- Anne Gibson,The Micro Gardener, chatting about quick and easy micro-gardens to boost health and flavour.
- A panel discussion:” How fresh can you get: Restaurants grow their Own” with Good Food Guide Editor Natascha Mirosch, Urbane Chef Alejandro Cancino, Cameron Matthews from The Long Apron) and Chris White from the Hungry Feel.
- Tania Hubbard sharing her perspective on grain free food for every body.
Find out more about the festival program and events visit our event guide.