Find out which tasty treats are waiting for you at the Sunshine Coast.
This year’s Sunshine Coast Real Food Festival will be the largest yet, with more than 50 presentations and over 100 exhibitors participating throughout the weekend from 13 September to 14 September.
There will be plenty of family-friendly entertainment and activities for the kids including potting up a seedling to take home, Old MacDonald’s Travelling Farm, a jumping castle, face painting and more. Visitors will also have the opportunity to taste the flavours of the world at a wide range of ready-to-eat food stalls or taste and experience new and interesting ingredients from exhibitors from throughout the region.
Here are six venues that will keep you entertained and informed at the festival:
- The Real Food Kitchen, sponsored by Kunara Organic Marketplace, features cooking demonstrations showcasing the skills and passion of our talented Sunshine Coast chefs (with a couple of guests).
- The Food for Thought venue, sponsored by the University of the Sunshine Coast, is where you can hear experts speak about important food-related topics, such as the connections between diet and health, the sacredness of food and how peak oil will affect our local food economy.
- Jeffers_RGBOur Nourishing Ideas venue, sponsored by Jeffers Market, is the place to go for conversations about a range of topics related to diet and health. Ask questions, tell your story or just sit back and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
- Buderim GingerThe Food Craft venue, sponsored by Buderim Ginger, is where you’ll learn tips and techniques to turn you into a kitchen whizz.
- Our Kitchen Garden venue is where the primary production and grow-your-own action is – here is where you’ll learn all about growing the best quality food at home.
- The Little Sprouts kids area is about fun activities that germinate a life-long passion for good food. We’ve got baby animals, puzzles, games and (of course) face painting and a jumping castle.
The Real Food Festival will be held at the Maleny Showgrounds, 13 Stanley River Road, Maleny on from 13 September to 14 September from 9am to 4pm daily and will showcase an abundance of good foods from Sunshine Coast producers, manufacturers and restaurants.
Entry is $20 for a daily adult pass and children under 16 are free.
For more information visit www.realfoodfestivals.com.au .