The colder months are creeping in but Alfred & Constance have a winter menu set to warm your belly as well as your heart.
Winter dining is all about hearty, warming dishes while still making the most of fresh, seasonal produce.
Alfred & Constance’s patron chef Jocelyn Hancock and head chef Dave Lindsay have kept this in mind when delivering the winter menu, which launched this week.
Alfred & Constance regulars will be pleased to see a robust food line-up available to enjoy on the heated porches throughout the winter months.
Straight from the signature wood-fired oven, here’s what’s on offer this winter.
Starters, Sides and Salads
- Lentil salad with radish, asparagus, peas & toasted hazelnuts
- Sautéed pea salad with brussel sprouts, broccolini, bacon chips and pinenuts
- Southern fried chicken drumsticks with bourbon caramel sauce and fresh lime
- Haloumi sliders with beetroot relish, mint and toasted hazelnuts
- Lamb cutlets with couscous, yoghurt and a tahini garlic sauce.
- Slow roasted pork belly with smokey cauliflower and roast pear
- Pumpkin gnocchi, walnuts and Woombye feta
- Cone Bay barramundi with lemon and sea salt crust, sautéed potatoes and sugar snap peas.
- Beer-glazed beef short rib with Asian slaw
- Lamb shank with silken mash, spinach and minted peas.
- Thick-cut pork chop with glazed apple, kipfler potato and spinach.
- Snickers cheesecake with peanut butter and chocolate cookie crumble
- Lemon curd crepes with vanilla icecream
- Sticky date pudding with caramel sauce and vanilla icecream
- Honeycomb parfait with a chocolate brownie and warm chocolate sauce
For more information on Alfred & Constance, visit our dining guide.